Wine tasting (often, in wine circles, simply tasting) is the sensory examination and evaluation of wine. While the practice of wine tasting is as ancient as its production, a more formalized methodology has slowly become established from the 14th century onwards. Modern, professional winetasters (such as sommeliers or buyers for retailers) use a constantly-evolving formal terminology which is used to describe the range of perceived flavors, aromas and general characteristics of a wine.
This definition is from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_tasting
For us wine tasting is simply 4 S’s-
- The See-holding the glass at an angle, examining the wine for clarity, color, lines, etc.
- The Swirl- to add air and free up the wine from having been trapped in a bottle.
- The sniff- to get ‘the nose’, ‘bouqet’, aroma of the wine
- The Sip-the best part, bringing the wine to your lips, into your mouth and ….
- Oh…….5 s’s swallow or spit……of course we swallow!
Tonight we will be hosting/guiding a Wine Tasting Event with Silpada Jewelry (a good pairing, right?) For more information about Silpada, check out their website: http://www.silpada.com/public/. We thoroughly enjoy the art of wine tasting to see sippers gathered swirling, sniffing, sipping and swallowing is almost erotic. That may be taking it a little far, but it is sexy!
Join us sometime for a wine tasting; come for a taste, stay for the lifestyle. For more information about hosting your own private Wine Tasting Event go to our WineShop At Home website: http://www.wineshopathome.com/siloam.