Southwest Chicken Foil Wraps
4 sheets aluminum foil, wrap (12X18)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chunky salsa
1 cup black beans or 1 cup dark red kidney
1 cup frozen sweet corn
1 cup Shredded Mexican cheese
1 teaspoon Sweet Lou’s Hot & Spicy (available from Siloam Retreat & Wine Shop)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven or BBQ Grill to 450 degrees
2. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Season chicken with Sweet Lou’s Hot & Spicy, place one chicken breast in the middle of each sheet of foil wrap Spoon one fourth of the salsa, black beans and sweet corn on each of the four chicken breasts.
3. Seal each pack by bringing up sides and folding the top edge over twice. Seal the edges in the same
4. Place packs on a cookie sheet or directly on BBQ Grill and cook for 20 minutes. Unseal packs carefully place shredded Mexican cheese on top, reseal for one minute.
5. Place each wrap on plate, unseal and carefully remove foil- for a nice, spicy, southwest chicken.
This is perfect for camping, cooking on a fire and an easy recipe for kids and they’ll love it!!
|Nouveau Muse 2009 Livermore Valley Tempranillo|
|Our Nouveau Muse (Fr: New Muse) wines are truly inspired. These lightly romantic wines are filled with panache much like the Art Nouveau style of their label. Nouveau Muse wines are handcrafted in an artful style that draws out the essential organic elements of the vines and the fertile earth in which they were grown. Our Nouveau Muse wines consist of wines that are light, fruity and as playful as a summersault in the vineyard. They will inspire your own personal muse and fire your imagination.
Our Nouveau Muse Tempranillo is one of our Weekend Wines. Weekend meals for family and friends turn festive in a hurry with a well-selected wine or two paired perfectly with a more leisurely-prepared lunch or dinner. Today’s wine drinking consumer looks for a high-quality wine that can take a special place of honor on the table. Experts suggest keeping a mixed case or two of weekend wines on hand, so all you have to do is pull out a few bottles for those unexpected, spur of the moment guests.
This wine is 100% Tempranillo and 100% Livermore Valley. The grapes for this wine came from a single source in the Livermore Valley of California known for its’ luscious approachable reds. The grapes were harvested early and handled gently to minimize damage and premature oxidation. The fruit was fermented in stainless steel tanks and, once pressed, transferred to small oak barrels all of which were neutral. This wine will age well for three to five years.
This 2009 Nouveau Muse Livermore Valley Tempranillo has aromas of blackberry jam, raspberry and strawberry with hints of cherry and leather. This wine has medium acidity with good structure and complexity. The flavors are generous and smooth with a long finish and just the right amount of tannin. Enjoy this wine with Southwest Chicken Foil Wraps, pizza topped with red peppers, barbecued beef, grilled lamb or medium cheeses such as havarti.